How Many Tiktok Followers Do You Need To Go Live?
The short and quick answer is - you need at least 1000 followers to be able to go live on TikTok.
All social media influencers are aware of the engagement benefits of going Live. In a world where almost everyone is living in an online world, it is easy to mistake social media life for reality, and with much awareness of this debate, everyone is looking for ways they can engage with their favorite social media influencers or vice versa, the influencers with their audience in real-time.
No gimmicks, no editing, no post-production, just them and the viewers in real-time, answering questions, having conversations, and just having a real-time engagement session.
The authenticity that comes with such sessions helps grow the influencers’ popularity because these sessions are spontaneous, uncut, and uncensored, which seems to be missing in many heavily produced content you find online
But before you start getting ready to sit in front of the lens and face your virtual crowd, there are a few things to know.
General Requirements To Be Able To Go Live On TikTok
There are two requirements that TikTok has set for all TikTok users to be able to live stream
- You should be at least 16 years of age
- You need at least 10000 followers
If you pass these two criteria, nothing and no one can stop you from going live on TikTok. So what are you waiting for?
Learn How To Go Live On Tiktok
Launch the app on your phone
You can find the Create icon at the bottom of the screen, which is indicated by a plus + sign.
- Choose LIVE from the menu that pops up.
- Now you’ll be able to see a preview of your video. This is where you can add information on what your live stream will be about and customize the settings according to your requirements. You can also choose to turn off comments or select a fund or charity you want to support
- Once this is done, you can also share your live stream on other social media platforms.
- Now that you’re all set click the GO LIVE button, and viola! You’re live streaming.
When you’re done with your live stream, all you have to do is click on the power button at the bottom of the screen, and you’re done.
What If You Don’t Have 1000 Followers?
If you’re new to TikTok or aren’t as active, you might still be on your journey towards collecting 1000 followers so that you can go live. But if you want to do it without these 1000 followers, here’s what the interest has to say:
- Launch the app on your phone
- Go to your profile
- Click on settings
- Scroll down the menu till you find “Report a Problem.”
- Choose I have an issue with live > I am a live host > I cannot go live • Submit the form
- You will be prompted to write a report allowing you to request enabling the live feature for your account.
- Send the report and wait for a representative to contact you within 48 to 72 hours.
If this does not work, you can always join your friend’s live stream as a guest if your friend or follower on Instagram is already approved for doing a live stream.
Why Even Livestream?
Live streams are not just good at propelling the influencers’ visibility but also bank on social commerce. Hence, influencers always organize dates to go live with their followers and fans.
Sometimes it might be for a simple and short conversation or even putting up a performance or a tutorial. Whatever the reason for the live stream, it is clear that it is one of the best and most efficient ways influencers connect and engage with their audience at a much deeper level.